Society6 and Redbubble are the best online marketplaces where artists upload their artwork and sell them on various printed products.
If you want to start, you need to create an account on your chosen platform, upload your design, and select the products you want your designs to be printed; it is very easy.
The very important and major sites Society6 and Redbubble allows selling of various items like t-shirts, phone cases, tote bags, and artists making a commission of their every sale. Sites handle all printing, shipping, and customer service.
Here, in this post, we have featured ✅Society6 vs. Redbubble 2021 comparison, which includes detailed insight into these two platforms.
Society6 vs. Redbubble: Major Differences
In the Redbubble you decide above the base price, and you only pocket the difference, but as we see Society6, the prices are predetermined by which site you can make each sale; you earn 10 of each sale except art prints, which is the artist price.
Depending on how you price the products. You can make more or less money using Redbubble over Society6; it is just your choice. The only site that does analytics is Redbubble. This can be an essential tool for the artist.
It can good for newer sellers who need to know where their traffic comes from. Sellers IN A HURRY may find that Redbubble is good as its auto-sizing feature with the convenience.
You need to upload your design once, and then it automatically resizes it to fit each product.
Society6 vs. Redbubble: Whom to prefer!
The ease and simplicity of the Redbubble site, plus it has analytics and larger traffic numbers means it is the best choice.
And once you have established your shop and yourself, consider opening another shop Society6 and tapping into the additional market.
What other option you have!
Designs by a human are another option that works similarly to Society6 and Redbubble, but their most items may be curated to pass through processing application.
Sellers can make a flat fee for each sale, and it is slightly better than Society6, but not as much.
Society6 vs. Redbubble: Benefits
- Quick store setup
With Society6 and a Redbubble, you don’t need any technical know-how to start selling online.
These platforms come up with full setups, from storefront to the payment processing, product, description, etc.
- Upload your design easily
You can bulk upload your designs on several different products at a time.
This is helpful if you are planning a massive variety of products with the same design.
- Access the existing customer base
Society6 and Redbubble have thousands of shoppers looking for products with a unique design.
Society6 vs. Redbubble: Drawbacks
- Limited branding options
If you are selling on company Society6 and Redbubble, your work goes directly under their brand and Redbubble, their id is a little you can do to provide branded value.
- Competition stiff
While these platforms have a lot of incoming traffic, hundreds of artists compete for visitor’s attention.
- You have less control over what you have earned
As mentioned before, pricing your products can be more tricky on these marketplaces. With Society6, you make up to 10 % off the retail price.
The margin is set, so you can’t make it bigger. Redbubble has a base price and lets the artists add the markup themselves.
You only receive your money on payouts days: both Society6 and Redbubble has payment mode once a month, so you don’t access how much payment you receive.
Is Society6 and Redbubble reliable?
Marketplaces like Redbubble and Society6 can be a good option if you lack time. Or you can deal with the technical side of things that comes under selling online.
Running the online business
Printed products on that monetized products you can pursue seriously, create your own online business or store are the very place to start with.
Today launching a store is very more straightforward than ever, thanks to the east to use tools available at your fingertips. Here the process looks like in a nutshell.
Pick your eCommerce platform.
- Pick your eCommerce platform.
- Connect to a while label third party printer like printful.
- Upload your designs on the products.
- Start selling
Of course, just like selling on Society6 and Redbubble selling through your store has its benefits and drawbacks.
Benefits of running your online store
- Everything is under your control: Since you are running a store independently, you are in the potential customers and how your brand is perceived. The best part is you look more professional because you have a branded domain name and email address, website design, product photos, etc.
- Instant income: Since it is your store, you can get the money as soon customers make the order very easy. This can be extremely helpful if you want to invest in very easy some of your marketing or new product development income.
- Your customers are only yours: Selling on Society6 or Redbubble means that people who purchase products aren’t your customers, but rather the customer’s marketplace is what, you don’t get in to direct and communicate with people who can buy your artwork, and this can make it harder to retain customers in the future.
- You have full freedom to experiment: Since you are not working under anyone or another brand, you can get things to use in your way and add new products by updating your website. It is best for you.
Drawbacks of running your online store
- Longer to set up: Even though the process of setting up your store and connecting with a third-party printer like Printful is easy, but it takes time to connect with the Redbubble and Society6.
- It needs time: Running an online store requires time, whether it’s responding to the customer who asks questions or making sure the store is functioning as it should always do.
- It can come with extra expenses: To make your store look professional and keep it up and running, you will have to invest in a domain name and hosting and e-commerce platform services.
Pros & Cons
- Discoverability: The marketplace sea isn’t always stormy; searching harmful searching around in Society6 is an excellent way of discovering new artists.
- Reputation: Society6 is from a long time trusted marketplace. People have mentioned it, and you would have heard that before.
- Not customized: Besides a little about tab, there is next to nothing personalized about your page on s 6 for setting that apart.
- Product additions are automatic: If they have a new product or a sale going on, it is automatically added to your shop isn’t necessarily bad. After all, it saves your all-time you can’t curate your product offerings.
- Low earnings: They lack a bit of a human element in the messaging to the artist and that the earnings are less and not acceptable.
- You are setting the fees: Except for art prints, you don’t get to adjust your prices.
- You can decide what you make: Every product has a base fee, but in this, you determine how much you can make on top of it, and they adjust the price from there.
- A ton of products: If you want to sell on a product, the Redbubble has it all.
- Changing the base price: The base prices can vary at checkout depending on a slew of factors changing your price and earnings.
- Sales are apparent: Like with Society6, its Redbubble has. Deal your stuff on goes on sale too.
- Variation in cost: Dark and light fabrics and slim or heavy-duty cases are priced differently and are right.
- Discovering is tough: This forum mentions that the Redbubble is hard to discover unless you are featured in a Redbubble group.
🌟 Society6 vs. Redbubble FAQ
🙄What is Society6?
Society6 is the online sales platform for artists. Society6 provides art prints, t-shirts, home decor, phone cases, and other print designs.
🙄What is Redbubble?
Redbubble is a famous online marketplace for an artist to sell their artwork and earn a good commission. The dashboard of Redbubble is straightforward, secure, and user friendly.
🤔Is Society6 good for artists?
Society6 is an excellent website for those artists who are looking to make some spending money. On the other hand, one can make a career by selling on Society6, but it is a decent income source.
🔎Which is better, Society6 vs. Redbubble?
Society6 and Redbubble are great platforms that allow artists to upload and share various items like phone cases, t-shirts, tote bags, etc. The only difference between Society6 or Redbubble is pricing. Redbubble easily enables you to decide your price above the base price.
Conclusion: Society6 vs. Redbubble 2021 | Which one should you choose?
Both the platforms, i.e., Society6 vs. Redbubble, are quite similar in the way they operate. One can easily register on both the platforms as an “artist” and simply start uploading designs.
Once you register yourself, they take care of everything from printing your items, customer care, and shipping. When one of your designs sells, then you can easily earn royalty or commissions.